Monday, September 2, 2013


The Color of Friendship (Book 1 in the Colors Trilogy)


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a very good read.  It honestly wasn't what I was expecting.  This wasn't your traditional love story in that it exposed the truths about abusive relationships  and how seemingly normal everything may appear at first.  I believe that side of the plot made the story and characters seem more real to me.  Like I could actually know these people or be friends with them in real life.  It also tested the platonic love between friends and its ability to withstand the trials of life. Mrs. Raye did a great job of hitting the spectrum of emotions.  I laughed, shook my head, and shouted "come on now girl, have more sense than that!" as I read. 

The only con that I can think of is that the book was written from the perspective of the three best friends.  As such there were times that it was hard to follow who was talking or being talked about.  I had to read back a few lines to connect the flow of the conversation. Other than that Mrs. Raye did an excellent job of pulling readers in and keeping their attention from beginning to end.  This is definitely a book that I recommend you read.  



K.R.Raye
K. R. Raye lives in Maryland with her husband and two sons. Throughout her diverse career working as a mechanical engineer, adjunct professor, and in sales, she continues to weave her love of marketing, computer information systems, and operations together with her passion for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment