Wednesday, August 14, 2013


Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2)

Unscrupulous by Avery Aster

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was absolutely amazing!  I was hooked from page one all the way to the end.  Big Daddy (Warner) was what every woman wanted in her man and Red (Tabby) was what every woman wanted to be.  There were literally moments where I wanted jump in the pages of the book and ask Red to teach me how to be so sexy and independent.  The chemistry between these two is absolutely electrifying. At some points I had to put the book down and fan myself. I don’t like to give away the plot of books so you are going to have to read it for yourself, but you will not be disappointed!

Pros: The book was very well written and I can tell that Ms. Aster used a professional editor.  There was a lot of great detail and I could tell that a lot of time was spent developing each character and giving them their own unique personalities and quirks.  There are a few new words that I will be adding to my vocabulary such as “vajazzled”. 

Cons: I think this is more of a personal preference but I thought the story was a little slow at first. I love when an author takes the time to set the stage for what is to come, but this was a bit much for my taste.  It took a little too long to get to the first love scene of substance. I was about 50% through the book before Red and Big Daddy had finally got together and let the real sparks fly.  But other than that I loved this book.


This was definitely a good read and if you haven’t picked it up yet I highly recommend that you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment